1. Deter Criminals: One of the primary benefits of a security device is to deter a criminal act from ever happening. Well placed cameras will give would-be criminals reason for pause, or at least send them looking for locations less secure.
2. Prevent Theft: According to recent retail industry studies, the average small business loses $50K per year. Given the current economic conditions and ease at which criminals can move stolen products, risk of both internal and external theft has skyrocketed. It’s proven that a simple video security system can cut that figure in half.
3. Improve Productivity: Workforce productivity is reported to be the biggest cost businesses face today. Cameras help to keep people on their best behavior when you are not there, and enable a manager to monitor work habits on his own schedule.
4. Reduce Liability: Many criminals look to benefit by making false claims against companies. Lacking any evidence to defend themselves, businesses must suffer the lost – with no recourse. Video evidence is an effective deterrent against this criminal activity, and can contest these claims, should they occur.
5. Manage Remotely: Most video systems today offer the ability to view multiple facilities from a single location. For example, if a restaurant owner operates three different locations, he/she can “look in” and see how the operation is running – and if it is properly staffed. This can allow for a more efficient operation and help control costs.
6. Enhance Customer Experience: Many businesses use their video security systems to study customer shopping habits, optimize store traffic patterns, improve product placement, and ensure a positive customer experience. All of this adds to the overall success of the business.
7. Validate Alarms: In the last couple of years, companies that monitor alarm systems, are starting to use “video alarm verification.” This means that if they get an alarm notification from a particular business, they can view the cameras at that location, and “verify” if there is an actual break in. If a crime is taking place they can immediately notify police and advise them of the situation. This verification process helps prevent false alarms – allows the police to focus on areas where they are needed.
8. Deliver Peace of Mind: Ultimately, business owners and homeowners alike are simply looking for peace of mind. The goal is to protect ones assets and provide a safe and secure environment for employees, friends and family. And in the event of an incident, it’s a good feeling to know that your video system will empower you to bring the offender to justice.