Important Facts to Know About Home Burglary
- Burglars tend to avoid homes with Security Systems.
- Most burglaries take place between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- The majority of break-in are committed by burglars who live nearby.
- Most criminals can burglarize a home in less than 10 minutes.
- Almost 30% of burglars enter a home through an unlocked door or window.
- Surprisingly, 34% of burglars enter through the front door.
- Burglars will generally go the master bedroom first.
- The average property dollar loss per burglary is a staggering $2,250.
- Someone is home during nearly three out of every ten burglaries.
- Usually only about 14% of burglaries result in an arrest.
- Security Cameras are a good deterrent to burglary.
- 50% of homeowners do not have an inventory list of their valuables.
- There are an average of 3.7 million burglaries a year.
Powered By Safety & Security Store © 2019